OMG, CN U BLIV? LOL… Texting and Tweeting: could the combination of these be affecting your children’s grammar? And no not only your children but also you, and adult that is reading this. Could you be guilty? Research in Canada has shown that little or no grammar teaching, cell phone texting; social networking sites are…
Tagged: Digital Natives
Reflections from the Broadband Commission Meeting in Kigali, Rwanda.
Our definition of being a native has undergone a drastic change. Once upon a time, native would imply belonging to that region and a practising member of that land’s customs, traditions and mannerisms.
The statistics that pop-up on various news and technology websites always refer to the: increasing number of mobile users in Africa; the increasing number of Facebook subscribers in Africa; and the increasing number of tech start-ups and tech-innovators springing up in Africa. Why?
The word ‘media’ has the ignominy of never being called by its first name. It’s always prefixed or suffixed into playing second fiddle. Evidence? Traditional media, mass media, new media, digital media, hypermedia, social media, citizen media – the list could go on with subsets. What remains common and consistent is that consumers have always accessed…
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Innovation Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- Percy Bin Abias says: ehh, he still is thE PM
- wyclef says: I find this incredulous, but still wonder if its deliberate or...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: Just clarifying in case anyone's wondering.
- Joe Davis says: Is there anyone disputing the award of these millions?
- Harrison Nicholson Jin says: an applause to the International trade Center and the Dutch Centre...
Popular post by view
- Understanding your website's traffic: AWStats vs Google Analytics Visitor Numbers - 71345 hits
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 11487 hits
- Facebook's New Design: Why Everybody Wins! - 8925 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 7170 hits
- How *Smart* is Your City? - 7129 hits