The past week was a tumultuous one in the internet world, with major websites, including our own pctechmagazine.com, shutting down for 24 hours on Wednesday to protest the SOPA/PIPA acts being debated in the US Congress and Senate. Less than 24 hours later, the FBI shut down megaupload.com, and issued arrest warrants to its owners….
Tagged: Aiden Kitayimbwa
Uganda Communications Commission (UCC), the telecoms regulator in Uganda, recently carried out tests on the networks of various operators, to assess the quality of their networks. The areas tested were call drop rate, call block rate, completed calls, and other parameters. The published results show that many of the operators do not meet the minimum…
Earlier this year, Google exhibited a self-driving car, with capabilities that almost equal human driving capabilities. Although still in the experimental stage with a safety driver and software engineer required on-board at all times, the car is much more ‘intelligent’ than ordinary vehicles. Also, IBM announced this year that it had created neurosynaptic computer chips…
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Innovation Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- Percy Bin Abias says: ehh, he still is thE PM
- wyclef says: I find this incredulous, but still wonder if its deliberate or...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: Just clarifying in case anyone's wondering.
- Joe Davis says: Is there anyone disputing the award of these millions?
- Harrison Nicholson Jin says: an applause to the International trade Center and the Dutch Centre...
Popular post by view
- Understanding your website's traffic: AWStats vs Google Analytics Visitor Numbers - 71345 hits
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 11487 hits
- Facebook's New Design: Why Everybody Wins! - 8925 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 7170 hits
- How *Smart* is Your City? - 7129 hits