It’s not just sportspersons and people with disabilities who are being fitted with artificial limbs and computer-aided prosthesis. Human-machine interface will soon advance to the extent that half the world’s population would be classified as more cyborgs, than humans. The Terminator movie series is one of my all-time favourites in science-fiction. It’s when I first…
Author: Nilofar Ansher
Science-fiction books and movies have done much to feed our dreams about the future of cities. Flashing neon lights, digital and interactive advertisements, touch-screens and city-wide connectivity of information and networks, sky-trains and underground tubes were the stuff of fantasy. Not anymore. Hits:7129
A growing number of Smartphone users spend copious amounts of time taking care of their digital pets – creatures that mimic the nature of domesticated animals coupled with a liberal dose of the ‘cute’ quotient. Who’s up for adoption? Would you trade in your soulful-eyed canine pet at home for these digitized creatures? They don’t…
Does Apple’s Siri Signal a Turning Point for Speech Recognition Services? The release of Apple’s iPhone 4S, which comes loaded with the Siri ‘Assistant’ iOS app, is a boost for voice and text-to-speech-based operations that was so far playing catch up with messaging and text inputs. Voice Service Communication is definitely on the comeback trail….
If I were to believe the messages bombarding my spam folder every day, I would have been a multi-trillionaire three times over in the last 10 years. But what to do, my parents brought me up to a wise girl and my computer programming and Internet instructors drilled it in me to avoid being abused…
Our definition of being a native has undergone a drastic change. Once upon a time, native would imply belonging to that region and a practising member of that land’s customs, traditions and mannerisms.
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Innovation Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- Percy Bin Abias says: ehh, he still is thE PM
- wyclef says: I find this incredulous, but still wonder if its deliberate or...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: Just clarifying in case anyone's wondering.
- Joe Davis says: Is there anyone disputing the award of these millions?
- Harrison Nicholson Jin says: an applause to the International trade Center and the Dutch Centre...
Popular post by view
- Understanding your website's traffic: AWStats vs Google Analytics Visitor Numbers - 71345 hits
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 11487 hits
- Facebook's New Design: Why Everybody Wins! - 8925 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 7170 hits
- How *Smart* is Your City? - 7129 hits