Not for the first time this year, we heard and read that President Museveni had announced a Cabinet Reshuffle. I noticed that the word “official” was used a little bit too frequently just to emphasize the authenticity of this new cabinet list, as opposed to the one that made rounds online a couple of weeks…
Anyone who pays attention to news in Uganda will have heard about a certain NFT III project launched earlier this month by the ICT Association, in conjunction with the National IT Authority (NITA-U) and the Uganda Business Process Outsourcing Association (UBPOA). The project was launched at a breakfast event held at Kampala Serena Hotel and graced by…
Innovation has taken up the Ugandan space the past few years and everyone is trying to innovate to have a better product or process and this is very evident in both the stable companies and the startups trying to build the next big company. There is a lot of gambling going on as companies and…
For three days starting tomorrow morning, I’ll be one of five judges that will be looking for the next best student innovation as Orange Community Innovations Awards returns in its fourth year. Orange Uganda this week launched five apps from last year’s Community Innovations Awards, now available for download on Android’s Play Store (but with plans of expanding to…
[Russell Southwood, Smart Monkey TV] There was a time when Africa’s rulers didn’t pay much attention to the Internet: few people used it and it seemed like even fewer talked about the content it carried. Then came the Arab Spring and every insecure African ruler began to worry. Something might just suddenly go viral and they’d find…
“I wonder what life was like without Facebook,” said my colleague Josh exactly four years ago. We were gaining “likes” on our Facebook pages just by inviting our friends to like them. Hundreds of likes. Facebook had just a few thousand users in this country, and our Friend lists were mostly dominated by classmates and…
- Cabinet Reshuffled. But Mbabazi ‘STILL’ Prime Minister! March 1, 2015
- Behind the one million dollar ICT Project launched in Uganda February 16, 2015
- How Being A Taxi Conductor Can Teach You To Innovate August 20, 2014
- Is being a developer the same thing as being an innovator? August 17, 2014
- Poorly drafted Ugandan Internet Act seeks to ban “pornography” and opens the door to arbitrary Government action April 4, 2014
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Innovation Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- Percy Bin Abias says: ehh, he still is thE PM
- wyclef says: I find this incredulous, but still wonder if its deliberate or...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: Just clarifying in case anyone's wondering.
- Joe Davis says: Is there anyone disputing the award of these millions?
- Harrison Nicholson Jin says: an applause to the International trade Center and the Dutch Centre...
Popular post by view
- Understanding your website's traffic: AWStats vs Google Analytics Visitor Numbers - 71054 hits
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 11204 hits
- Facebook's New Design: Why Everybody Wins! - 8628 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 6911 hits
- How *Smart* is Your City? - 6823 hits